Schubert's "Trout" and music for bass viol and violin
|Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 8:00PM
Doors Open: 7:00PM
Cut Off for Advance Ticket Sales:
Tickets & Pricing
Advance Tickets to this event are currently not for sale.
There were still tickets remaining after the cut off time so you may still be able to get tickets at the door. Contact the promoter or venue for ticket availability.
Advance Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons:
- Tickets may not be on sale yet.
- The event may have already occured.
- The event may have been cancelled or postponed.
- Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
- Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
- On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office
Please check back for availability.
Event DetailsEvent type: All Ages
Ian Whitman is the Principal Bassist of the fine K-W Symphony Orchestra. Here he performs unusual music (or music specially arranged) for bass and violin, with violinist Allene Chomyn, also of theKW Symphony. A supporting case of Judith Davenport, viola, Cathering Anderson, cello - from the K-W Symphony and the Bremen Quartet - and Toronto pianist Lisa Tahara in a performance of SCHUBERT's "Trout" Quintet - one of the most popular works in the chamber music literature. With this exciting team, and the three interesting duos, this will be a great introduction to chamber music with double-bass.
Also on the program: SHOSTAKOVICH: Three Duos for two violins and piano (arr.); TELEMANN: Canonic Sonata no. 1 (orig. for two flutes)
MOZART: Duo in G, K. 423 (for violin and viola - arr. for violin/bass)
More info: Click here