Event type: All Ages
Highland dance competition organized by The Highland Dancers’ Association of Ontario
Time Event Order of Dance
8:30 AM Registration for Primary Beginner, Novice
9:00 AM Morning competition begins
Flora (4) Beginner, Novice
Fling (4) Primary, Beginner, Novice
Pas de Bas / Pas de Bas & High cuts - Primary
Sword (2&1) Beginner, Novice, Primary
Seann Triubhas (3&1) Beginner, Novice
11:00 AM Registration for Intermediate & Premier
12:00 PM (approx) Afternoon competition begins
Jig (3&1) all groups
Barracks (4) all groups
Sword (2&1) all groups
Seann Triubhas (3&1) all groups
Special Fling (4) Premier 15&U **
** Entries will be taken on the field for all dancers 15 years and younger.
*This is a split day*
1. Prize Money will be awarded to adult premier class.
2. Overall Winner and Runner Up trophies awarded in all classes except Primary.
3. Primary dancers will receive participation gifts.
4. Awards will be to two places less than dancers entered to a maximum of 6 places.
5. Medals awarded to all classes except as detailed above.
1. The competition will be governed by the rules of the SOBHD and HDAO.
2. All dancers must show a current SOBHD registration card.
3. Age groups will be formed at the discretion of the Competition Organizer.
4. Dancers must dance in own section and age group.
5. Dancers will dance in inverse order of entry and must dance in numerical sequence or be disqualified.
6. Judge’s decision is final. No discussion can be entered into between a judge and a competitor or the parent of a competitor.
7. Any complaint must be in writing with the complainant’s signature, accompanied by $20.00 and given to the HDAO (prior to the end of the day). The fee will be forfeited if the complaint is not upheld.
8. No status changes on day of competition.
9. Status changes are to be emailed to the registrar no later than Monday July 2, 2018.
10. Entry fees are non-refundable.
11. No phone entries accepted.
12. Morning awards will be presented following the morning competition.
13. No tents allowed.
Entry closes: June 25, 2018
Competition Registrar: Anne Marie Kyle email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cutoff for Advance Online Ticket Sales is Monday, June 25, 2018 11:58 pm EST unless the event sells out earlier.