Event type: All Ages
Highland dance competition organized by The Highland Dancers’ Association of Ontario
Time Event Order of Dance
8:30 AM - Morning Registration.
Competition will commence at 9:00 AM with Primary, Beginner and Novice doing all dances to completion.
- FLORA (4): Beginner / Novice
- FLING (4): Primary / Beginner / Novice
- Pas de Bas / Pas de Bas & HiCuts: Primary
- SWORD (2&1): Beginner / Novice / Primary
- SEANN TRIUBHAS (3&1) Beginner / Novice
10:15 AM - Afternoon Registration.
Intermediate & Premier competition will commence at 11:00 AM (approx).
P.M. Intermediate/Premier All Groups:
- IRISH JIG (3&1)
- BARRACKS (4)
- SWORD (2&1)
- SEANN TRIUBHAS (3&1)
- SPECIAL FLING (4) for Premier 15 Years & Under - Enter on the day.
- Awards will be to two places less than dancers entered to a maximum of 6 places.
- Overall Winner and Runner-Up trophies awarded in all classes except Primary.
- Primary – Participation Gift.
- Prize Money will be award to Senior Premier Class; Medals awarded to all other classes.
- The competition will be governed by the rules of the S.O.B.H.D and H.D.A.O.
- All dancers must show a current SOBHD Registration Card.
- Age groups will be formed at the discretion of the Competition Committee.
- Dancers must dance in their own section and age group or be disqualified.
- Dancers will dance in inverse order of entry & must dance in numerical order or be disqualified.
- Judge's decision is final. No discussion can be entered into between a judge and a competitor or the parent of a competitor.
- Any complaint must be in writing with the complainant's signature, accompanied by $20.00 and given to the HDAO prior to the end of the day. The fee will be forfeited if the complaint is not upheld.
- No refunds on entry fees.
- No status changes on day of competition. Last day for status change is Monday, July 1, 2019.
- Email status changes to Registrar.
Entry closes: June 24, 2019 at 11:30 PM
Competition Registrar: Marilyn Harbour --- firstname.lastname@example.org