Please note that admission to this event requires proof of double vaccination (2 doses plus 14 days). Children under 12 are not require to show proof of vaccination. Ticket holders that are unable to provide proof of full vaccination will not be allowed to enter, and no refund will be provided.
Event type: Ages 19+
Revival House & Meades Entertainment present...
TIM BAKER live at Revival House
Thursday, October 14, 2021 | 8pm
At the end of 2017, twelve years after their inception, the multi-award winning band, "Hey Rosetta!" went on hiatus, after selling 10,000 tickets to five farewell shows. For the band’s principal songwriter and lead vocalist Tim Baker, this was the start of a new chapter.
On his debut solo album Forever Overhead, Baker warmly welcomes you to it. The first words we hear him sing, on the first single “Dance,” is akin to a toast: “here’s to the other side.” What follows are eleven songs that centre on kinship and show that Baker’s sharp songwriting, the heart of Hey Rosetta!, is as affecting as ever.
When crafting the album, Baker drew from 70s songwriters, like Jackson Browne and Randy Newman, whose music filled his childhood home and from his contemporaries (Feist, Leif Vollebekk, The Barr Brothers). Produced by Marcus Paquin (The National, Local Natives), Forever Overhead blends piano ballads with ebullient folk-rock tracks featuring Liam O’Neill (Suuns), Ben Whiteley (The Weather Station), as well as Mishka Stein & Joe Grass (Patrick Watson). In the album’s opening track “Dance,” Baker moves alongside soft piano chords as buoyant, 70s pop style instrumentation and a piercing guitar riff steadily build, bolstering his words of longing. He sings of connectivity and the tender emotions that are coupled with glances across a gym’s confetti-lined linoleum floor, the air thick with potential. Like Forever Overhead as a whole, Baker brings beauty and hope into listeners’ lives.
Follow Tim Baker online...
Spotify: Tim Baker
Apple Music: Tim Baker
1.) ORDER YOUR TICKETS...
Tickets and additional information are available online www.ticketscene.ca Tickets are $40 each and are being offered on a ‘first come-first serve’ basis for tables of 2, 4, and 6 guests.
2.) Reserve for Dinner!
Socially distanced seating is very limited. Call for pre-show dinner reservations and enjoy the show from your table. 519-273-3424
Revival House, Tim Baker, and all staff/crew are following strict Covid-protocol for the restaurant and set safety guidelines each evening.
* If you have travelled outside of Canada/Ontario within 14 days of show date please do not attend.
* If you are feeling unwell or showing any Covid-19/Cold/Flu symptoms please stay home (your tickets will be fully refunded if prepaid)
* A telephone number for ministry contact tracing is required for each booking
* Masks are mandatory except when eating/drinking or while seated at your assigned table.
* A limited capacity of 50-70 max guests, at 2m-socially distant tables in 2, 4 or 6people per table.
* Table service is provided by RH staff - Please NO ordering at the bar or mingling.
* Guest are to remain seated, except to use the washroom, and requested to limit standing or walking through the hall.
* Hand Sanitizer is available and encouraged
* Proper Cleaning/Disinfecting of all surfaces is ongoing
* Please be mindful of others before, during, and after the performance.
---WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ALL GUESTS TO BOOK A DINNER RESERVATION!---
*If a performance is cancelled due to COVID-19 any prepaid tickets will be refunded.
*CALL Revival House for your pre-show dinner RESERVATIONS 519-273-3424*
Cutoff is Thursday, October 14, 2021 1:59 pm EST unless it sells out earlier.